Taking a look at the over abundance of strollers and strollers accessories out there, makes you wonder; do they help or hinder you? It is all a matter of what you want and need as a parent. Some think that some stroller accessories are unnecessary and some parents think that they are very much a necessity.
Let’s take a look at some common pros and cons of stroller accessories; it might shed some light on things!
Rain Covers / Sun Covers:
- Pros: They keep your child protected from the elements and safe from harmful UV rays.
- Cons: They can be bulky and get mouldy if not put away dry.
- Pros: Convenience!
- Cons: There really aren’t any cons; most strollers come standard with them.
Stroller Cold Weather Protection:
- Pros: They keep your child warm in the winter months.
- Cons: They can be difficult to get your child in and out of and are sometimes very warm when children already have a heavy coat on. They are better used for chilly nights!
Stroller Seat Pads and Liners:
- Pros: These keep your stroller looking new longer. With these protective seat pads and liners, they not only offer comfort for your child but allow you to easily remove and wash if needed.
- Cons: Installation can be a bit tricky but in the end it’s worth it.
- Pros: If you have an infant car seat; these are a must for your strollers. It makes life so much easier if you can just snap and go.
- Cons: If you don’t get the adaptor to fit you stroller and car seat specifically they don’t work. So do you homework.
- Pros: They keep necessary items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) handy and convenient.
- Cons: They are bulky and can tip the strollers if they are too heavy.
Seeing the pros and cons, once again “Are they worth it?” I guess it’s a matter of what is more important to you as a parent. We all have a lot of responsibilities to juggle at once and anything that makes our life easier is a welcome sight.
There are millions of products out there that you can choose from; so do some research and choose the stroller accessory that works for you!