As your little one grows from infant to toddler, their needs evolve and with that, what you need from your stroller can change as well. When it comes to the best stroller for your toddler, you want something capable of comfortably holding your growing child while still being convenient and functional. The options can seem infinite; however, I’ve narrowed down the field to the top 5 jogging strollers for you and your toddler.
A couple of things to keep in mind about all the options are that jogging strollers can be quite large in general (both collapsed and set up) and most have the option to snap on an infant car seat, optimizing how long you can efficiently use it. Below are the highlights of each.
#1 Best Jogging Stroller For Toddlers: The Bob Revolution SE
Hands down, BOB has created the best jogging stroller for toddlers on the market today with the Revolution SE. It provides superior stability when running with its all-terrain tires and state of the art, adjustable suspension. This stroller has exceptional durability, which is complimented by its capacity to hold children up to 70 lbs. This is by far one of the largest capacities for strollers on the market. We also highly recommend the BOB Flex, it’s one of our favorite strollers for serious runners.
For serious runners who will use their stroller for nothing else besides running, the BOB Ironman is another choice. However, for most parents who are looking to strike a balance between everyday usage and jogging capability, this stroller is the perfect fit. In their 2015 testing, BabyGear Lab considered this stroller the one that most helps moms get back to exercising outdoors. This was due to its unique ability to provide the maneuverability of a swiveling front wheel while also capturing the performance of a fixed front wheel.
Other features include:
- Shock absorbers can be adjusted as your baby grows to ensure his/her comfort
- A roomy cargo basket as well as a large seatback pocket to hold your keys, wallet, etc.
- Internal seat pockets that can be used for snack or toys also
- Adjustable canopy and ultra-padded reclining seat
BabyGear Lab considered this stroller the one that most helps moms get back to exercising outdoors.
The stroller also has a number of additional options, including a handlebar console and child snack tray but all must be purchased separately and can be expensive. The high cost is one of the bigger drawbacks to this stroller since it can range from $300-$400.
Top 4 Great Jogging Strollers That You & Your Toddler Will Enjoy
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger
- This is a great multi-purpose stroller that can be used for running, off-road terrain or just running errands around town.
- With a smaller capacity than the top joggers, it holds children up to 50 lbs., albeit still plenty of room for toddlers.
- Much more affordable option compared to other top jogging strollers on the market (basic models start around $100)
- Bicycle style tires improves the smoothness of off-road terrain
- Multi-position reclining seat along with parent and child trays with cup holders
- Additional features available in higher models, such as built in mp3 speakers on the ELX model
Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
- Considered a “crossover” stroller since it has all the features and convenience of a traditional stroller combined with the maneuverability of a jogging stroller
- Collapses with one hand in only one second, which is optimal for parents short on time
- Your toddler will enjoy the multi-position reclining seats with added padding. It can hold your child up to 50 lbs.
The locking front swivel allows for easy transitions from strolling to jogging.
- Features include a large storage basket, parent tray with two cup holders and a unique smartphone holder as well as an arm tether for added security when running down hills.
- Graco Relay Click Connect Jogging Stroller
- Similar to the BOBs strollers, this has the highest capacity, holding children up to 70 lbs.
- Includes features such as an extended UV 50 sun-protected canopy with visor and performance-grade tech fabrics to enhance the comfort of your child making it a great stroller for toddlers.
- Other features include a one-step break, premium suspension on all wheels to ensure a smooth ride, adjustable tracking on the front wheel and reflective material for low light visibility.
- Heavier than some of the other options, weighing in at 28 lbs.
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single
- The wide tread tires on this stroller make it great for handling all types of terrain.
- Its aluminum frame provides a lightweight but sturdy stroller (weighs only 25 lbs.)
- High quality suspension system delivers an extremely smooth ride.
- Features include: rubberized handlebar for comfort and slip-resistance, built in mp3 speakers for added enjoyment and parent and child trays to hold your necessities.
- Can accommodate child up to 50 lbs.
- Even compared with other jogging strollers, this one is large. It is much wider and longer than a number of other options on the market.
Including toddlers in your run is a great way to increase the chances you actually go for a run as well as teaching your children the importance of an active lifestyle. As you can see, there are a number of great strollers for toddlers than will create an enjoyable running experience for both you and your child.