Running is proven to be one of the best exercises you can do for yourself and even better, it is possible to do with your baby. But for most of us, it can take some convincing to get out there and workout. Luckily, there are so many benefits of jogging daily with your stroller – physically, mentally and for your baby. Some of them will last a lifetime and some will provide immediate gratification.
Take A Look At The Top 14 Benefits of Running Every Day
- It’s free! You don’t need an expensive gym membership or fancy equipment. If you have a single, or a double jogging stroller, and a pair of sneakers – you’re good to go. Aside from inclement weather, there is nothing stopping you from jogging daily with your little one.
- It provides you with an opportunity to bond with your baby. When you are out jogging with the stroller, you will find yourself engaging with your little one throughout the run. Sing songs or point out the different trees or birds you see along your way. When they get a little older, play games such as “I Spy”. These runs can turn into priceless moments for you as you grow closer to your baby.
- Jogging every day with a stroller will help you lose the baby weight. Jogging has been shown to be one of the most efficient ways to lose weight; studies have shown that you can burn up to 500 calories per hour (without the stroller!). Once you factor in stroller, you will be well on your way to feeling like your old self again.
- Turn an ordinary run into a resistance workout. By pushing the stroller, you are engaging parts of your body that otherwise wouldn’t be used. This added aspect of your workout is especially great for your core and your back.
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease. Studies have shown jogging can reduce your risk of heart injury by up to 50%. In the same way you are strengthening other muscle groups as you jog every day, you are strengthening your heart, helping it to function more efficiently.
- Gives you baby a chance to experience the outdoors. Many babies spend the majority of their day inside but the advantage of jogging daily with the stroller gives them a wonderful opportunity to explore the world around them. Regardless of if you run around your neighbourhood or in a park, your baby will see, hear and smell all sorts of new things. This can really be beneficial with development as they grow.
- Fosters a healthy lifestyle for your entire family. By jogging a daily routine with your baby, you are prioritizing exercise in your life. As you continue to do this, not only will it become part of your routine but your baby as well as other family members will see how important being active and fit is. Your baby especially will grow up expecting to be active.
- Strengthen your immune system. As you run daily, you are helping your body get into the best shape it can be and by doing so, you are strengthening your immune system. As parents know, this is especially important if you have children in your home as they are constant sources of unknown germs. The stronger your immune system, the less frequently you and your baby will get sick.
- Jogging is a huge stress reliever. As you balance everything that comes with having children, stress is most likely a part of your day in one form or another. Jogging regularly, even with your stroller, is one of the best ways to help relieve that stress. Getting out there and running gives your body a chance to decompress. As you run, endorphin’s are released in your body, making your feel calmer and happier.
- Along with decreased stress, daily jogging with your stroller will improve your mental state of mind. This can be really important in preventing or combating post-partum depression. Running will help your body become physically fit. As your start to feel healthy and fit, you will naturally feel good about yourself, increasing your self-esteem.
- Improves your bone quality. Jogging in general is a high-impact activity. With each step you take running, your bone take a pounding as your foot hits the pavement. However, the bones will bounce back by the next morning thereby strengthening them in the long run.
- Increases your metabolism. Studies have shown the benefits of jogging regularly will increase your metabolic rate during the run as well as for several hours after. Increasing your metabolism will also help you lose weight by increasing the efficiency of your digestive system.
- Spark your competitive side. If you’ve always been competitive or are looking to try something new, jogging daily with your stroller can provide you a perfect opportunity to tap into your competitive side. As your stamina increases, look for local races you can participate in. A lot of races now let you run with your jogging stroller, letting your baby also participate!
- Live longer! A Copenhagen City Heart study found that daily jogging can increase your life by 5 to 7 years. With these precious little ones in your life now, who wouldn’t want a few extra years to spend with them?
Daily Running Tips For Your Morning Routine
Watch this video below by RunSome, there are a bunch of great tips here that you can apply to your daily jogging routine to help you maximize your exercise and weigh loss goals. And remember, stay hydrated!
Don’t have a jogging stroller?
Get started with our jogging stroller reviews plus our ultimate buyers guide on our home page!